Saturday, March 31, 2012
Canvassing 3/30/12
Yesterday, kelly, Dayana, Enrique, and I went out for our first day of canvassing.. Woohooo ! I was pretty excited even though I was a bit nervous about speaking in spanish to others. The weather was beautiful and we were able to go walking where we had to canvass. We started our tour from the Rutger Student Center and walked down by Joyce Kilmer Ave. Dayana and I were rehearsing the canvassing rap in Spanish in which we would use to explain to the people of New Brunswick. As we went knocking door by door, we basically introduced ourselves, stated that we work to increase energy efficiency in the community, and we wanted to give them a few helpful tips on ways in which they can both save energy and some money. Our main goal was to try to get people to sign the energy pledge and interested in having their houses weatherized. In order to do this we emphasized that what we do is totally free, and informed them of the simple things that we do so that they would know. We got to about 15 houses and got 1 family to accept to have their homes weatherized. We'll be going out next friday as well in hopes of reaching out to the community even further!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment